Our Rider Confidence courses are a unique mix of theory, physical application and psychological tools – a pretty robust toolkit to help you move forwards with your horse.
The course is split into 3 sections:
Session One – The Theory:
• Goal setting – the right way
• How our brains work
• Changing our language
• Taking the pressure off ourselves
• Hello? Where are you? Getting back to the real you
• Goal setting – REALLY making sure it works
• Loads more!
Session Two – Bodywork:
• Posture: the good, bad and the ugly
• Finding your core
• Controlling your breathing
• Energy and how to keep a lid on it
• Sitting deeper in the saddle (using Douglas the Eventing simulator)
• Emergency stops
Session Three – Mindwork:
• Getting control of those negative thoughts, replacing them with positive ones
• Mindfulness methods
• C.B.T. Techniques
And so much more! The courses are as relevant for leisure riders struggling with anxiety to competition riders looking for an extra ‘something’ to keep their focus.
Sue also offers Mindful Meditation sessions for riders and non-riders. these can be hour sessions up to full weekend ‘retreats’.